We respect your privacy.
At Tealet, we value our community. You trust us with your information, and we're serious about that responsibility. We believe in transparency, and we're committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat personal information we collect or receive. We know you care about your privacy, too, so we provide settings that allow you to control how certain information is used on Tealet.
This policy explains our privacy practices for Tealet.com and services provided by Tealet, Inc. (
Current version published: May 17, 2012
Information Collected or Received
- Tealet will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this policy.
- As an Tealet member you are required to provide a valid email address at registration and choose a username or alias that may represent your identity on Tealet.
- Depending on which services you choose to use, Tealet may require additional information, such as billing information (including billing address, phone number, credit card information), a mobile telephone number, a physical mailing address, and/or payment information.
- You may optionally choose to provide your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) to be publicly displayed in connection to your account and activity.
- Your username, Tealet ID or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your Tealet activity.
- Tealet automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for members and visitors.
- Tealet uses the information described in this policy to provide and improve our services and products, for billing, for identification and authentication purposes, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting.
Choice & Control
- We know members of our community value having control over their own information, and therefore Tealet gives you the choice of providing, editing or removing certain information, as well as choice over how we contact you.
- You may change or correct your Tealet account information (except your username) at any time. You may remove certain optional information you no longer wish to be publicly visible, such as your full name.
- For various reasons, Tealet may contact you about our services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members. Other messages are not required, and you can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your settings in your account. Learn more in the Messages from Tealet section of this policy.
- If you no longer wish to use Tealet's services or receive service-related messages, then you may close your account.
Messages from Tealet
- On occasion, Tealet will send you messages. The default, required form of communication is email.
- Some messages from Tealet are service-related and required for members. Examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to: a welcome/confirmation email when you register your account, notification of an order, or correspondence with Tealet's support team. These messages are not promotional in nature. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Tealet, unless you close your account.
- As a member, Tealet may also send you messages related to certain features on the site or your activity. Tealet may also send you news or updates about changes to our site or services. By default, members will receive these messages via email, but you may choose to opt-out of getting certain emails under your account settings.
- Tealet offers optional email newsletters. You must opt-in or subscribe to begin receiving newsletters, and subscription is available to both members and non-members. Members may subscribe or unsubscribe from optional newsletters under your account settings or by following the instructions contained in the newsletter emails. Non-members may subscribe by providing an email address, which will only be used by Tealet for these newsletters. Non-members may unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions contained in the newsletter emails.
- Members may share with their friends links to Tealet using a convenient Email feature on certain pages. If you choose to use this share by email feature, Tealet will ask for the information needed to send the message, such as your friend's email address. Tealet will then automatically send your friend an email, inviting your friend to visit the site. We won't use your friend's email address for any other purpose. Your friend may opt-out of receiving future similar sharing emails from Tealet by following the instructions in the email.
Information Sharing & Disclosure
- We want to respect your privacy. Tealet will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this policy.
- Tealet limits access to your personal information to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to parties in compliance with our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, Tealet may disclose name, address, country, phone number, email address and company name.
- Tealet is affiliated with a variety of businesses and works closely with them. These businesses may offer promotions or sell items or services to you through Tealet's services. Tealet may also provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. Due to the nature of our business model, when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, we may share information that is related to such transaction with that affiliated business. Tealet may share aggregated demographic information with business partners.
- Tealet employs other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf, and we need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. Examples include but are not limited to fulfilling orders, processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Tealet may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- We can only speak for ourselves; this policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Tealet does not own or control, or individuals that Tealet does not employ or manage.
- If you provide your information to others on Tealet or throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the information you provide to them. Tealet does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. Tealet is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Tealet site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Cookies & Tracking Technologies
- Tealet uses a variety of technologies to help us better understand how people use our site and services.
- A cookie is a small data file sent from a web site to your browser that is stored on your computer's hard drive. Tealet uses our own cookies for a number of purposes, including to access your information when you sign in; keep track of preferences you specify; display the most appropriate content based on your interests and activity on Tealet; estimate and report Tealet's total audience size and traffic; conduct research to improve our content and services. You can configure your browser's settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of Tealet's services.
- We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons or web bugs) to help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
- Tealet may partner with third-party services who may use various tracking technologies, such as browser cookies or Flash cookies, to provide certain services or features. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your computer each time you visit Tealet, but do not allow access to personally identifiable information from Tealet. Tealet does not have access or control over these third-party technologies, and they are not covered by our privacy statement.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Your Tealet account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services. Tealet encrypts sensitive information (such as credit card number) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Tealet follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Tealet receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Tealet will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want Tealet to use your information to provide you services, you may close your account. Tealet will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Tealet reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it periodically. We'll communicate changes by posting a notice on the site. If we make material changes to this policy you will be notified here, by email, or other places Tealet deems appropriate.